Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Finding A Place of Refuge in God…

            As I begin to reflect back over my life of abuse with my estranged loved one, I could remember the times in my home where there was no peace, no comfort and surely no safety in the location where it should have been tranquil. But consequently, it was just the opposite because an abuser has no name when it comes to claiming your innocence and stealing the joy that God intended for His precious vessels to have. I realize now after being freed from this life of “hell” that God is my refuge and there is no other place to hide but in Him.
             However, I’m saddened to see and hear that so many are still trapped in a place of dismal confusion. A place where their life seems suspended in a time zone that fails to change seasons any longer. They are simply spellbound by a myth of broken promises and unfulfilled dreams. I serve in a military where we are losing young women to domestic abuse at alarming rates. The death toll is greater than on the battle field. God has given me a license to wage war on the devil and to help set my sisters that are captive- become free. God’s message is that loud speaker that is blaring over the airwaves. It’s time to allow God to be that lover in your life that so many are desperately seeking.
            And as God began to minister to my heart He wanted me to share this message of hope with my sisters that are struggling to break free- struggling to find freedom and a place of refuge:
In the book 2 Samuel 22: 1- 4, David professed to the Lord after being delivered out of the hands of his enemies, “ The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliver, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior, you save me from violence. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised. And I am saved from my enemies…
            Precious women of God, you have to know that there is a place of quiet, a place of peace and a place of safety. It’s in God we find these things and not in man. Man will fail you every time, but God is surely a constant, unmovable and a place of refuge for you to rest your troubled mind, heal your broken heart and to restore your faith in Him.
            My heart’s desire is that through these posting someone will be delivered and set free from a life of mental, physical and emotional abuse. Again, I’m a vessel that is willing to tell my story so that God’s salvation may be issued to a lost soul today. Please share this message so that God’s word can be spread.
Help to save a life today…

1 comment:

  1. Wow Liz, I am glad you spoke to this issue. I pray it helps break the cycle of violence in someone's life. God Bless

    Roy

    ReplyDelete