Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What time did you wake? Or are you still sleeping and in a coma…

What time did you wake? Or are you still sleeping or in a coma…
God laid this message on my heart to share with the women, especially Christian women that may be still in abusive relationships. Whether they are verbally or physically abusive we have to understand that is not the will of God. Our Lord God Almighty has a specific purpose in each and every one of our lives, but if we remain captive to the abuser then God is not able to use us effectively.
In   Jeremiah 29:11 the Lords says” For I know the plans that I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you, “says the Lord. I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes…”
For example, I had a call on my life from the age of 11 yrs. old to preach the gospel, but I wasn’t able to walk and work in my anointing fully until later in life because I was mentally and physically trapped an abusive relationship. The minute I woke up, acknowledged God and asked Him to show me how to escape- that’s when I heard his voice.
And from that day forward my ministry became stronger because now I focused on God and not man. I had to totally be removed from that enslavement (imprisonment) to fully walk in the will of God. Some women might say well that’s easy for you to say. But my answer to that is- either you choice life or literally die in captivity by refusing to walk with Him.
I’m passionate about this subject because I too was heading on the road of death not only spiritually but literally. My mate almost took my life because I remained silent and didn’t tell anyone that I was being abused. I refuse to sit back and let another women be murdered, kicked, slapped, choked or cursed out because I’m too proud to share my story. I want to be an instrument to help save a life.
If you are in an abusive situation or know someone in an abusive relationship and you/they want to escape call your local Domestic Violence Shelter Hotline and they will give you information on where to go.
Remember…God loves you and your life is more precious to Him than you can ever imagine. So wake up today and God will give you the strength and the answer on how to flee….

No comments:

Post a Comment